Ministry of Health to address the issue of antibiotic resistance in its through the SEE Health Network (SEEHN) designated Regional Health Development Center (RHDC).
The RHDC is hosted by the National Centre of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (NCIPD) which is under the Ministry of Health. It builds on the existing institutional, human and technical resources of the NCIPD in line with the Memorandum of Understanding on the future of the SEEHN and the plan for establishment and development of the RHDCs in the SEEHN member states.
· Epidemiology and antifungal susceptibility of clinically significant fungi
· Advances in molecular surveillance of healthcarе associated infections in Bulgaria
· Phenotypic methods for routine detection of antibiotic resistance mechanisms in Gram negative bacteria: the experience of a cancer hospital in Bulgaria
· Antimicrobial susceptibility of human extra-intestinal non-typhoid Salmonella isolates in Bulgaria, 2005-2012
· Current and emerging mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance in Bulgaria
· TB Surveilance in Bulgaria
· Characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated in Bulgaria
· The relationship between antibiotic consumption and antimicrobial drug resistance - general concepts
· COMBACTE network and research opportunities on the Balkans
- Approaching TAIEX on behalf of Macedonia or eventually another SEEHN country for organizing the next meeting of the Focal Points of RHDC based on the Draft Decision on the collaboration between SEEHN and EC/TAIEX in 2014 approved during the 32nd Plenary Meeting of the SEE Health Network in Podgorica, Montenegro, November 2013.
- Mutual work of all member-states for preparation of educational programs for medical doctors, hospital health care workers, and community health care workers.