- SEE Health Network Budget and work plan in 2014
- Implementation of the SEE 2020 Strategy in 2014 and onwards
- Development of the SEEHN Health Strategy
- Revision of the Rules and Procedures of the SEE Health Network
- Development of a draft Addendum to the SEE Health Network Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of 2008
- Procedures for the selection of the SEEHN Secretariat permanent staff
- Concept for the Website of the SEE Health Network
- Concept for the Global Health Diplomacy Trainings in 2014 to be conducted with the support of the Swiss Agency for Cooperation and Development
- Strategy and proposed SEEHN regional activities in 2014 to be organized through the collaboration with the EC TAIEX Instrument
- Follow-up actions with the SEEHN partners, such as the International Network of Health promoting Hospitals and Health Services (HPH) and the European Health Forum Gadstein (EHFG).
Friday, January 24, 2014
Forthcoming Extraordinary Meeting of the SEE Health Network Executive Committee, 30-31 January 2014, Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
In follow up to the Decisions of the 32nd Plenary Meeting of the SEE Health Network (SEEHN), 27-28 November 2013, Podorica, Montenegro, the SEEHN Executive Committee is organizing this extraordinary meeting under the Presidency of Romania, 01 January – 30 June 2014.
The SEEHN is in the process of finalizing the establishment of its own institutions and mechanisms to be able to operate fully independently by the end of 2014. In 2013 the SEEHN Member States have made their first annual financial contributions and the collected funds are in the SEEHN Secretariat´s official bank account in Skopje. Only very few of the own funds of the SEEHN have been used and a decision of the SEEHN Executive Committee has to be taken and the budget for 2014 has to be developed and approved.
Additionally, the process in 2014 is supported by the Governments of Slovenia and Switzerland as well as by WHO Europe, our founding partner. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation has kindly provided financial support to the process and the funds of approx. 400 000 Swiss Francs will be executed by WHO Regional Office for Europe.
Finally, the SEEHN Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2008 and stipulating the roles of the various SEEHN structures as well as the procedures for operation will have to be reviewed, revised and re-endorsed in the context of the new realities in 2014.
In view of the above, this Extraordinary Meeting of the SEEHN Executive Committee will focus and agree on: